Tuesday, August 22, 2006

This picture has nothing to do with what I'm going to write about, but I just really like to have a photo with every post. This is the living room of Gina's lake house the morning of her wedding. I couldn't find a photo that related to the feeling of Fall in the air this morning. I woke up in the night and needed to pull my comforter over me and I was instantly, yes, comforted. It makes me think that I am truly a Seattlite (not Seattleite, stupid magazine) because the warm weather gets to me after a little while. Of course, I'm not having anything close to a normal Summer. It's hard to be sad when the sun is shining so brightly, when the flowers are at their best, when the rest of the world is pursuing Summer fun. It's easier to burrow down in a blanket and let sadness take its course when the morning is grey and the air coming in the open windows makes me curl up so I can cover my feet with the edge of my robe. Soup Season is a greater comfort than Salad Season. There's no comfort in a taco, but there is in a roast that takes 4 hours to cook and fills you to the point of needing to shut down and sleep. I predict this will be a Winter of Weight Gain, but I don't really care. Maybe I'll buy a house and live on Ramen for 6 months and that will hold off the comfort pounds.

No comments: